by Sterling White
What really stops first time investors from getting started? How do you get past those hurdles and limiting beliefs?
In my previous article, I revealed the 10 reasons investors say they are held back from getting started. Now let’s look at 3 solutions to each excuse, so that you can get started on your way to that first deal.
How to Overcome the 10 Biggest Obstacles Between You & Your First Deal
1. Time it Takes to Get Paid
- Invest in rentals that are already throwing off cash flow.
- Wholesale properties.
- Begin part-time while keeping your day job.
- If your family doesn’t support you, find a group of people who do (via a local real estate club, BiggerPockets, etc.).
- If your spouse doesn’t support you, practice some “togetherness” exercises surrounding real estate, and explain to them how you plan to invest wisely, showing them numbers, spreadsheets, etc. to give them more confidence.
- Let the results speak for themselves.
- Find investment options that fit your current available capital.
- Partner up with other investors (know what you bring to the table — time, money, or deals).
- Tap into your inner circle, i.e. family, friends, former work associates (treat their capital as if it was your own in the event you go this route).
4. Saving Up Enough
- Invest first, then save a percentage of your returns.
- Pay yourself first out of every paycheck and invest that money.
- Leverage your savings with financing.
5. Finding Inventory Close By
- Check out new, upcoming neighborhoods that others might be overlooking.
- Look for deals in other cities.
- Look for out-of-state deals.
6. Intimidated by Large Dollar Amounts
- Set really big money goals, and understand it takes a lot of money to get there.
- Practice writing really huge checks to yourself.
- Choose non-recourse debt or syndications so that you aren’t taking on big loans on your personal credit.
7. High Property Costs
- Go to markets with properties for sale that are more affordable.
- Invest with partners.
- Search for discounted distressed real estate.
8. Marketing Budget
- Use Craigslist or handwritten letters (when I first started out, I wrote all my letters by hand until I had more funds).
- Pick up the phone and call. Pull public records to find landlords that owns multiple properties, then give them a call. I use Whitepages.com. You’ll be surprised to find that most people still have landlines (Baby Boomers especially).
- Door knocking costs nothing but your time.
9. Having to Create a Team
- Lunch with a pro in every real estate segment next week.
- Choose a turnkey investment with a team in place.
- Run free job ads on Craigslist, Upwork, and Fiverr.
Above are three solutions for each excuse for not getting started in real estate. They are all here served up on a silver platter. If you want more options, you’ll find them if you look. But the bottom line is that we each need to take extreme ownership of ourselves. If we aren’t getting what we want, it’s our own fault; no one else’s. Not the market, not your location, or the family you were born into. It’s up to you to take action.
Confucius once said, “The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential — these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.”
How are you tackling obstacles on the way to your first deal?
Interested in Finding out More? Reach out below
Address: 1415 Main St. #823, Grandview, MO 64030
This information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s) and it may be privileged and confidential. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. This is reposted information and is not original thought of Ireland Investments or anyone associated with the business.
Popular areas we service;
Kansas city Missouri, overland park Kansas, Kansas city Kansas, Olathe Kansas, Independence Missouri, Shawnee Kansas, Blue Springs Missouri, Lenexa Kansas, Leavenworth, Kansas, Leawood Kansas, Liberty Missouri, Raytown Missouri, Gladstone Missouri, Grandview Missouri, Belton Missouri, Prairie Village Kansas, Gardner Kansas, Raymore Missouri, Grain Valley Missouri, Ottawa, Kansas, Lansing Kansas, Excelsior Springs Missouri, Merriam Kansas, Harrisonville Missouri, Cameron Missouri, Mission Kansas, Kearney Missouri, Smithville Missouri, Pleasant Hill Missouri, Oak Grove Missouri, Bonner Springs Kansas, Roeland Park Kansas, Parkville Missouri, De Soto Kansas, Richmond Missouri, Greenwood Missouri, Paola Kansas, Basehor Kansas, Tonganoxie Kansas, Odessa Missouri, Peculiar Missouri, Platte City, Missouri, Higginsville Missouri, Lexington Missouri, Edwardsville Kansas, North Kansas City Missouri, Osawatomie Kansas, Louisburg Kansas, Fairway Kansas, Mission Hills Kansas, Sugar Creek Missouri, Riverside Missouri, Buckner Missouri, Pleasant Valley Missouri, Lawson Missouri, Plattsburg Missouri, Lake Lotawana Missouri, Weatherby Lake Missouri, Wellsville Kansas, Edgerton Kansas, Westwood Kansas, Garden City Missouri, Gower Missouri, Claycomo Missouri, Lone Jack Missouri, Drexel Missouri, Lake Tapawingo Missouri, Glenaire Missouri, Dearborn Missouri, Avondale Missouri, Osborn Missouri, Sibley Missouri, Oaks Missouri, Unity Village Missouri, Levasy Missouri, Randolf Missouri, River Bend Missouri, Jackson County Missouri, Johnson County Kansas, Clay County Missouri, Wyandotte County Kansas, Cass County Missouri, Platte County Missouri, Leavenworth County Kansas, Miami county Kansas, Lafayette County Missouri, Ray County Missouri, Clinton County Missouri, Bates County Missouri, Linn County Kansas, Caldwell County Missouri, Crossroads Real estate, 18th and vine Real estate, Hospital Hill real estate, library district real estate, longfellow real estate, dutch hill real estate, quality hill real estate, river market real estate union hill real estate, Greater downtown KCMO real estate, East Side KCMO real estate, Midtown KCMO real estate, Westport Real estate, Hyde Park real estate, Northeast KCMO real estate, Northland real estate, Plaza Real estate, South Kansas City Real estate, Fairway Kansas real estate, Kansas city Kansas real estate, lake quivira Kansas real estate, Lenexa Kansas real estate, Mission hills Kansas real estate, overland park Kansas real estate, prairie village Kansas real estate, Shawnee Kansas real estate, weatherby lake Missouri real estate, westwood Kansas real estate